- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 leek, minced - include both the white and green parts of the leek
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped finely (or the hot pepper of your choice)
- 2 T. gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 T. sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to your liking
Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix and knead until combined.
Divide the mixture into the meatball sizes you prefer.
Place meatballs on a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes.
As oven temperatures vary, check to make sure they're cooked through.
I love this combination, though you can adjust it by substituting in your favorite herbs and spices and your choice of meat. You can serve these meatballs not only with gluten-free spaghetti and tomato sauce, but also in a sandwich, as an appetizer, or in a lettuce wrap (adding the shredded greens of your choice, and then maybe some more hot sauce!). As always, let your creative side come out.
From my table to yours - enjoy!